Located to the North East of Denver, Brighton is a suburb that offers the space to spread out while being close for commuters to Denver via I-76 or to the Denver International Airport. Founded in 1887 it holds great historical significance and charm. In 2018 there were an estimated 41,254 people living in Brighton.
Brighton offers one recreation center for its residents as well as numerous parks, swimming pools and trails. It borders the Platte River and Barr Lake State Park which have hiking, biking and trails to enjoy. For those wanting a small town feel with big amenities Brighton offers a Historic Main Street with local restaurants, breweries, boutiques and shops while also offering stores like Target, Hobby Lobby, Home Depot and more at the Prairie Center Shopping Complex.
School District 27-J serves nearly all of the city which features 4 day school weeks for it’s students. (Tuesday-Friday)
Major Employers for Brighton, CO
- Adams County Government
- School District 27J
- Platte Valley Medical Center
- Baker Hughes
- O’Neal Flat Rolled Metals
- King Soopers
- Transwest Inc.
Median Sale Prices for Homes in Thornton (March 2020)
- $400,000 Average Single Family Home Closed in Brighton/ $445,000 Average of Entire MLS
- $265,000 Average Condo Closed in Brighton/ $270,000 Average of Entire MLS
- $277,000 Average Town Home Closed in Brighton/ $330,500 Average of Entire MLS
- $171 Price Per Sq Ft in Brighton/ $201 Price Per Sq Ft Entire MLS
How far away is it from:
Denver International Airport: 20-30 Min
Downtown Denver 30-40 Min
To Loveland Ski Resort (Colorado’s closest ski resort to Denver): 1-1.5 hours, not including ski traffic
To Boulder, Colorado: 30-45 Min
Homes For Sale and Rent in Brighton CO
For More Information on: Brighton, CO