Greeley is a suburb surrounded by farming and agriculture, located in Northeast Colorado. It is the most populated city in all of Weld County with an estimated 107,348 people according to the 2018 census. Founded in 1869, Greeley is the home of the University of Northern Colorado UNC.
Greeley offers lots of restaurants, parks, a shopping mall, museums, nightclubs and it also has one of the largest concert venues in Colorado, the Union Colony Civic Center. Rodeos are held every year in Greeley as well as the famous OktoBREWfest in September of every year. There is no shortage of things to do in Greeley even though it is out in the country.
The Weld County School District 6 covers most of Greeley. It is made up of 4 high schools, 4 middle schools, and 13 elementary schools. There are also 4 K-8 schools.
Major Employers for Greeley CO
- JBS Swift & Company
- Banner Health/North Colorado Medical Center
- Greeley-Evans School District 6
- University of Northern Colorado
- Weld County
- State Farm
- City of Greeley
Median Sale Prices for Homes in Greeley (March 2020)
- $349,411 Average Sales Price of Residential Detached Homes in Greeley/$505,598 Average of Entire MLS
- $246,593 Average Sales Price of Attached Residential Homes in Greeley/$438,009 Average of Entire MLS
- $177 Price Per Sq Ft in Greeley/$292 Price Per Sq Ft Entire MLS
How far away is it from:
Downtown Denver: 62.6 miles about a little over 1 hour
Denver International Airport: 56.7 miles about 1 hour
To Loveland Ski Resort (Colorado’s closest ski resort to Denver): 115.3 miles a little over 2 hours
To Boulder, Colorado: 54 miles a little over 1 hour
Written by: Silvia Torres, Greeley REALTOR ® CORE Home Team, HomeSmart Realty Group